It’s been a wild ride of a year! We started out the year as a
fashion consulting company, and ended the year as not
only that, but owning the Juniper James Boutique!
2013 was full of events (organized & attended), being in/on the news, meeting amazing creatives, and the ups & downs of running, merchandising, stocking & promoting our awesome little boutique.
Our (above featured) highlights include:
- Being in the inaugural Flywheel Incubator Class
- Moving into the Flywheel retail space with our fellow members
- Sacramento Fashion Week
- Being hired as the stylist for the first music
video shot at The Crocker Art Museum
- Working with tons of talented photographers, hair, makeup artists and fellow stylists.
- Participating in the Local Love event at Crocker Art
- Live-covering the Oscar’s Red Carpet Fashion for Channel 10
- Features in
– Sacramento News & Review,
– Sacramento Bee
– Sacramento Press
– Comstock Magazine
– & more.
- Speaking to Design & Fashion Students for Sacramento Fashion Week.
- Winning awards for our Juniper James
Walk a Mile in Her Shoes team fundraising (starting our 2014 team soon!)
- All our lovely (transformed) styling clients throughout the year – we love you!
- Participating in & promoting TOM’s Day Without Shoes
- Bringing on 2 new JJ Crew members:
— Ruthann: our events coordinator
— Marci: shop merchandising & assistant stylist
- Becoming owner of the Juniper James Boutique (!!)
- Featuring & selling dozens of local artists’ work at our shop.
- Live on Chanel 40 for fun charity fundraiser segments
- Walking the runway for a number of Sacramento-based charities
- Continuing to blog for Thrift Town –
recycle reuse, shop local & support charities!
- Asked to return as a judge for this year’s Indie Fashion Challenge
- Event coordinator for THIS IS MIDTOWN: June, July, August & September
- A number of appearances on Good Day Sacramento
with our good friend Phoebe of The Dress Fiend.
- Returning for our 3rd year as the Retail & Restaurant
Coordinator for the week-long Launch Design Festival
- Shooting our first lookbook
- And finally, surviving the crazy holiday retail season at the Boutique.
To all our friends, fellow creatives, co-conspirators, supporters and customers
– we love you and couldn’t have had the awesome year we did without you!
Here’s to an incredible 2014!
So you liked that article? You might also like this: